Bending arms with a barbell is one of the most popular bodybuilding exercises that can be performed in a standing position, sitting or leaning with an emphasis on the bench. This load is recommended to introduce both beginners and already experienced athletes. With proper performance, nutrition and timely training, it will immediately lead you to the desired results. Experts insist on performing this exercise exactly while standing. In the event that you are more comfortable sitting, then you should use dumbbells instead of the barbell – the ability to straighten your arms increases.
Arm flexion – muscles
- biceps ;
- brachyalis ;
- forearm ;
- shoulder blades;
- shoulder joints.
Arm flexing technique
In order to achieve truly desired results, first you should familiarize yourself with the technique of performing this exercise:
- Stand up straight and spread your legs shoulder-width apart, the socks should be turned slightly to the sides.
- Grip the bottom you need to take the bar with both hands, the distance between them should be slightly wider than the pelvis, or else you can try any other width that is comfortable for you.
- The loin should not be too bent. In order to avoid a strong load on her, it is permissible to bend your knees a little.
- Further, as you exhale, with the forward movement of your hands, bring the barbell to your chest. Make sure that it does not rise above the shoulders – this is wrong. Hands should be all the time on one straight line.
- Hold it for a few seconds in that position, and then, while inhaling, smoothly return to the starting position.
- In this case, the brush should remain slightly in front of the elbows, then the biceps will be as tense as possible and worked out.
Typical mistakes when bending arms with a barbell
- Do not tear your elbows off the music stand when your arms are bent.
- It is not allowed to dilute the elbows to the sides, to move them or to throw the barbell. In this case, the center of gravity shifts and the exercise is less effective. Not all the necessary muscles are involved.
- It is not permissible to bend your knees strongly and help yourself with your whole body. This is already ineffective – firstly, and, secondly, it is better to start with small weights.
- choose the right weight for yourself. At a minimum, you should do this exercise 8 times.
Bottom line: if you want large and strong biceps, turn on your arms with a barbell to basic exercises during training, follow the rules of proper nutrition and lead a healthy lifestyle.