To achieve results in a crossfit, exercise alone is not enough, you need to organize proper nutrition for yourself. If it does not, then your body will not be able to build muscle mass and generally show any positive results. Nutrition in CrossFit is a whole science that not everyone can always grasp. Diets, on which many bodybuilders and fitness supporters sit, for power athletes are from a series of fiction, as their goal is to be big and strong. And crossfit has united everything in itself, and therefore the food in it is also special.
The main goals of nutrition in CrossFit
Among them are 3, namely:
- Burning body fat and losing weight.
- Support of the available body weight and its redistribution.
- Weight gain or mass.
The following recommendations are somewhat simplified, because in order to eat properly, you also need to take into account body type, susceptibility to carbohydrates, and other factors. The average standardized option for most people is the following:
- In order to burn fat and lose weight, you need to absorb men from 14 to 16 calories per pound of weight, and women – from 11 to 13. Regarding nutrients, the proportion of proteins and fats is 30/70. It is important to withstand low or low carb diet. You can take them only once in 7-10 days. The less weight you have, the better it is to maintain a higher caloric limit. This is due to an increase in basalt metabolism at a high percentage of dry matter.
- For the support and distribution of weight for men per pound of weight will require from 16 to 18 calories, for women 13-15. On the days when training is held, the distribution of proteins / fats / carbohydrates is 25/50/25, respectively. Carbohydrates need to be absorbed in the process of training or field 18:00 daily. When a day is free from classes, the balance is as follows: fats – 70%, proteins – 30%. At the same time, it is important to count carbohydrates, as this will allow you to regulate the action of key hormones, for example , insulin, which will help burn fat and build muscle mass.
- In order to increase weight or weight, a man needs to consume from 18 to 20 calories per pound, and a woman needs from 15 to 17 calories. On the days when exercise occurs, you need to include in the diet 30% of proteins, 40 fats and 20 carbohydrates. Rules of carbohydrate intake are the same as in the previous version. On rest days, the percentage of fat increases up to 50% due to carbohydrates (20%). If weight gain is needed, then the quality of weight gain will depend on which carbohydrates will be supplied.
All data averaged, but an excellent foundation for future achievements in the crossfit, they lay. You can give your muscles strength and energy by eating proteins, complex carbohydrates, dietary and healthy fats and lots of greenery from the garden.
Recipes for dealing with CrossFit
For breakfast, you can drink about 0.5 liters of green tea and eat it with 2 teaspoons of coconut oil. The nutritional value of such food will be 30 g of fat.
Lovers of greens, meat and cheese will like the following salad:
- Eggs – 6 pcs.
- Bacon – 3 strips.
- Turkey meatballs – 4 pcs.
- Baby spinach – 2 handfuls.
- Fat-free cheese in a crushed form – 1 handful.
The value of this dish will be: squirrels – 60 gr , fats – 75 gr.
The following recipe for lovers of sweet:
- Mix for pancakes – 2 cups.
- Eggs – 2 pcs.
- Milk – 1 cup.
- Olive oil – 1 tsp.
- Banana – 1 pc.
- Peanut butter – 2 tsp.
Value: proteins – 30 grams , fats – 30 grams , carbohydrates – 200 grams.
Oatmeal is not only useful, but also tasty: you will need 2 packets of instant oatmeal, 2 spoons of peanut butter, to add it is to add 1 banana and a handful of blueberries. This breakfast will provide you with 30 grams of protein, 150 grams of carbohydrates, and 30 grams of fat.
Sandwiches are often used for snacking, besides they can bring 70 grams of protein and 60 grams of carbohydrates. You can cook them from bread (4 slices), eggs (4 fried), cheese (2 slices), bacon (6 strips).
- Low carbon . Day and night should be done according to the following recipe: fat burning mixture Juggernaut (4 scoops), peanut butter (2 tsp ), olive oil (1 tsp .). Its value will be 100 grams of protein and 45 fat.
- High – carb – for training you need to do the following recipe: 2 scoops Juggernaut, 16 ounces of milk with chocolate and 1 banana. 2 scoops of frozen Greek yogurt are also added to the nightly one. In the first variant, the protein / carbohydrate ratio is 60 g / 125 g , in the second 75 g / 150 g.
The following recipes are recommended for strength training:
- Taco salad : beef – 16 ounces, guacamole – 4 ounces, bell pepper – 1 pc. (chop), olive oil (2 tsp ), a portion of spinach more. Protein there will be 90 grams and 110 grams of fat.
Salmon salad gives the same amount of nutrients. For its preparation you will need 12 ounces of roasted salmon, 1 Bulgarian pepper, olive oil – 2 tsp ., A large portion of spinach.