No matter how much we are told about the uniqueness of each person, but nevertheless, the behavior of absolutely everyone can be considered identical. Our actions performed automatically, as a rule, are similar, and that is why psychology allows not only each of us to open up, but also to learn how to control ourselves and, which is important, our opponent.
These simple and effective techniques of this science of the “man of knowledge” can be safely applied in everyday life, so:
What to do, if:
- If the answer of the interlocutor did not suit you, for example, he did not say something, expressed himself unclearly, or lied, you do not need to ask again. Instead, just silently and carefully look into his eyes – this technique will simply leave him no chance and he will be forced to continue his thought.
- If someone is yelling at you, make an effort on yourself and remain completely calm, remaining calm. The first reaction of screaming is anger, which your behavior will only provoke, but it will subside very quickly and reaction number two will begin – a feeling of guilt for your defiant and aggressive behavior. Most likely, it will be the screaming one who will ask for forgiveness.
- If you know that you will receive criticism from a person (they will make comments or scold), take courage and try to sit or stand next to him – in this case, he will soften and the negative will come from him several times less than if you were at a distance …
- If you are very anxious, chew the gum: it will trick our brains into giving the impression that you are eating, and, therefore, will make you feel more confident and relaxed. Eating a person’s food is associated with peace and safety, because we do it, most often, at home, within our own walls.
- If, before an important interview, you use the old and proven method used by many students on the exam: imagine that the teacher is your good and close friend, then it will be much easier to answer, and you will feel calmer. This trick works with any interviewer!
- If everyone in the company starts laughing at once, then everyone at the level of instinct looks at who he likes most , with whom he would like to become closer. Therefore, catch glances after a successful joke, learn a lot of new things.
- If you have a meeting with an unfamiliar person, express a little more joy in his attitude : for example , smile sincerely or try to say his name gently and warmly, then over time you will begin to treat him much better in all seriousness, and the joy of the meeting will be sincere.
- If your work is connected with people, then you can “force” them to behave more politely and gently: put a mirror behind you so that your interlocutors see their reflection – as a rule, in the mirror we always try to look better, smile, and see ourselves angry and we don’t want to be harmful.
- If you want to attract the attention of a nice person? Look closely at the object directly behind his shoulders, and as soon as you realize that you have caught his eye on yourself, quickly look the “victim” in the eyes and smile a little – it works flawlessly.
- If you are very anxious, feel how you began to breathe deeper, how your heart pounds faster, and try to force yourself to breathe more calmly and balance the beat . We can really do it, we can control our stress
- If you want to win over a person at the first meeting and get his sympathy, then just determine his eye color at the time of acquaintance: eye contact disposes to you.
- If you set any requirements or conditions, then initially raise the bar. Most likely, the person will not agree to this and refuse. But, on the other hand, on the real conditions that you will offer later, he will agree one hundred percent: people are inclined to give you less, if before that they refused you something more.
- If you just show that you know exactly what you are saying or doing (even if this is not entirely true), then people will follow you, because they subconsciously believe in individuals who are confident in themselves and their actions.
Our facial expressions are closely related to emotions: we raise our eyebrows when we are moved, squint our eyes when we cry. And vice versa: facial expressions affect the internal state – if right now you are making a grimace similar to the one that appears on your face when crying, most likely, tears will start rolling in by themselves. Use this feature to your advantage: smile!
Smile just like that, for no reason, and in just a few seconds this smile will become real and sincere! All the best!