Most of the fair sex attends a gym solely in order to get rid of excess fat. And at the same time, they completely neglected strength training, for some reason considering that it would deprive them of their femininity and make them masculine.
Indeed, against the background of strength training in the body of any person increases the level of testosterone – the male sex hormone. However, in the female body, it still does not rise enough to “shake” the muscles to the size of men. So the girls do not need to fear for the masculine figure. This is possible only as a result of a long and intensive use of “chemistry” or hormone therapy.
But elastic muscles in certain parts of the body have not hurt any girl yet. And that is exactly what strength training should be directed to.
General principles of “female” training
Once it was believed that “female” and “male” training should be completely different from each other. Trainers, as a rule, recommended that girls use lower weights with a large number of repetitions.Perhaps, this is where some of the girls are disappointed in their training sessions: after all, recent studies have shown that there are no fundamental differences in the structure of the muscular system in men and women. Therefore, it makes sense to use training with increased weights for those and for others to improve the figure. Of course, weight adjustment should be done and not blindly copy training programs for men, however, follow the general rules for all:
- work should be done with relatively large weights;
- if it is required to improve the power indices, then the number of repetitions should not be more than 5. From 12 to 15 repetitions are required to increase muscle size. More than 15 reps per set leads to increased stamina;
- strength training should not exceed 60 minutes. Optimally – 45;
- In the training program you need to include more so-called basic exercises, and isolated to give secondary attention.
Basics of nutrition and diet
Proper nutrition is three-quarters guarantee of success. And only a quarter falls on training directly. If you do not adhere to the correct diet – no exercise will help.
Unfortunately, many ladies immediately after visiting the gym allow themselves to be “one small cake”, thinking that they had already secured themselves from the danger of acquiring body fat beforehand. However, it is not. To completely burn all the kilocalories that were given by “one little pie” – you need to once again go to the gym and how to work out. Not surprisingly, with this approach, many girls are simply disappointed in the training and throw them.
The diet should not become a certain temporary restriction, but a normal way of life. And this applies primarily to “fast” carbohydrates. It is they who are “guilty” of the excess fatty tissue on the sides and in the area of the buttocks.
Features of sports nutrition for women are as follows:
- Most important: strict calorie counting. They should not be too small, so as not to start losing muscle mass, but too much too – otherwise fat deposits are inevitable.
- In the diet should be a normal ratio of BJU – proteins, fats and carbohydrates.
- It is important to consume enough water. As some athletes say, if you wanted to drink, you had to do it 5 minutes ago. Water washes away excess slag from the body and accelerates metabolic processes.
- It is also necessary to monitor the level of insulin (sugar) in the blood. This is true not only for people with diabetes, but also for any athlete. Stable insulin indicates that muscle building occurs without gaining fat.
- Athletes just need to consume more protein than all other people. It is protein that is the basis for building muscle. But it should not be too much, otherwise it will inevitably turn into fat. In addition, there may be problems with the kidneys and liver.
- The body of an athlete absolutely essential fatty acids. They can be obtained both in capsulated form from a pharmacy, and by drinking in the morning on an empty stomach a tablespoon of flaxseed or mustard oil. In addition, fish oil is useful.
Training to create the perfect female figure
However, not a single meal … Without workouts, it is impossible to get either an elastic abdomen, thighs, or taut buttocks.
Beginners make a common mistake by ignoring basic exercises with free weights, spending all the time on the simulators. However, this is fundamentally wrong. Exercises with a barbell and dumbbells will help to strengthen the muscles in a short time, and not simulators. And the fat will be “driven” much more intense.
Below is an approximate weekly program for new girls in the gym.
The first day
- squats with a barbell or in a simulator – 15 repetitions;
- lunges with dumbbells – 15 times for each leg;
- traction dumbbell to the belt in the slope – 10-12 times for each arm;
- drag on the crossbar or thrust of the upper block for the head – 12 times;
- bench press from a prone position on an inclined bench – 12 times.
- rod thrust to the belt – from 10 to 15 times;
- traction block to the chest using narrow grip – from 10 to 12 repetitions;
- squatting “Pliye” with dumbbells – 15 repetitions;
- squatting “scissors” with a barbell – for each leg 10 times;
- twisting or “book” – 20 times.
- classic deadlift or Romanian deadlift with dumbbells (for developing the gluteus group) – 15 repetitions;
- Bulgarian split squats – 10 times for each leg;
- thrust to the belt of the lower block with a narrow grip – 12 – 15 times;
- dumbbell bench press lying on a horizontal bench – 12 times;
- raising hands with dumbbells on a horizontal bench – 12 times.
Day of the sixth and seventh
At the end of each set, you can perform stretching exercises. In addition, if there are some problems with the joints, for example, then exercises with free weights can be replaced with simulators. For example, in Smith’s car.