Adaptogens are called a group of biologically active substances. They can be of artificial and natural origin. Gives a tonic effect. They are able to stimulate the central nervous system, increase endurance and resistance to harmful effects. The origin of the word “adaptogen” from “adaptation”. That is, they are means that increase the adaptability of the body and human capabilities. Sportpit “adaptogens” have a complex composition, which is why their impact is significantly different.
The effect of taking adaptogens
The effect of adaptogens is associated with the impact on the functioning of the nervous, immune, endocrine and cardiovascular systems of the human body, but how exactly this occurs has not yet been clarified. There are plant and synthetic adaptogens. The first are widely used because they include biologically active substances, namely: glycoside, flavonoid, phytosterol, polysaccharide, terpenoid, hydroxylated fatty acids and glycopeptides. Synthetic applications in sports nutrition have almost no, they do not give significant results in sports.
Among the effects that can be achieved using adaptogens, there are the following:
- A tangible increase in physical performance, especially power endurance.
- Increase: threshold of fatigue, load tolerance and restorability after significant physical exertion.
- Promoting the accumulation of glycogen, improving metabolism.
- Increased mental performance.
- Enhance your mood and appetite.
- They act as antioxidants, thus they do not let in the body toxins that arise during prolonged physical exertion
- through free radical oxidation of unsaturated acids.
- Increase the ability of the body to resist complex conditions of existence, including unfavorable factors.
- Increase the resistance of tissues to lack of oxygen.
- Improvement of microcirculation and anabolic effect.